WHERE THE #&$% ARE WE AT?!?!?
Well, I’m in the new house. Been here since July 17th. Took about a week to get TV and 2 weeks to get internet. But it’s all up and running now.
One of the first things you may have noticed is that I moved the EXTRACTION blog to it’s own sub-domain. I did this so that I could change my main website to be more oriented towards getting client work. So, there’s still some things here and there that need to be fixed up in the new blog, but I’ll get to them!
In my last post, I mentioned that EXTRACTION was on the back burner and that I had been talking with a local producer. That fell through. The producer, kept wanting to make changes to the story. It’s my story. You want to buy it off me and make it, great! Just don’t pretend that you want to help me and then push your ideas onto my story.
So, I started working on it again by myself, once I had a computer set up.
Back in August, I had set a deadline of early December for myself to have it finished by. Well, I got tinkering with the story and wanting to make changes. So I didn’t end up working on modeling or animation. Here I am, I little over 1 year from when I said that I needed to finish it and it’s still nowhere closer to being done.
I am moving forward, though. However slow that may be.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I just need to get it done. Don’t worry about how bad the animation is going to be or how bad the models are going to be (and they both will be bad). Just get it done!
If I have to, I can always pretend to be George Lucas and come back to it for a “Special Edition” later on!
I mentioned previously that I was planning on using Blender and Lightwave. I’ve been leaning more towards Lightwave only lately. That might have something to do with the fact that LW2016 was announced.
I’ll make another post dedicated to LW2016.
Part of the reasoning for using LW only, has a lot to do with the fact that I’ve felt obligated. I spent a bunch of money at the beginning of the year on upgrading and grabbing a bunch of plugins. Which then just kind of sat there and did nothing, as I was using other software to get “business” done!
I’ve always been a big fan of LW and have always wanted to use it for an animated short, series of shorts, or even an animated series. No better time than the present to get on that!
Currently The Foundry is holding their annual Halloween Contest in their forums.
Last year I came up with an idea, but only during the final week of the contest. No where near enough time to complete it and get it turned in.
I was planning on entering this years contest, but I haven’t quite decided yet. I need to make up my mind quick though. Deadline is Oct. 24.
Of course, one of the things holding me back from entering is the fact that I could spend that time working on EXTRACTION.
Guess I’ll figure it out by this coming weekend!
I’ve mentioned in the past working on a podcast/video based BTS thingy. (Technical term) I’m here to tell you that I’m still working on one! I’ve not done one, because I don’t have a lot of content for one yet.
When I do release one, it will be a VODCAST. It will be on YouTube. I’m not thinking that I came up with the idea for the name. As far as I know, that name has been used before!
So, I think that’s enough in this post! A lot of what I’ve said here in this post was going to be part of the first VODCAST, but I felt that it fit better as a blog post than as a video. Besides, who wants to look at my ugly mug for too long!